One source. Unlimited solutions – we are your surface specialist!
Through the continuous expansion of our product range, Schattdecor has developed from a décor printing company to an innovative surface specialist. In doing so, we have thrilled customers with high-quality products as well as excellent consultation on current designs and market trends.
Using our many years of technical and design expertise, we create innovative products that excel from start to finish. Customers from the woodworking and furniture industries can choose between Printed, Impregnated and Finished Surfaces-all of which can be created as wood, stone, solid-color or fantasy designs. When developing a surface, we focus primarily on current market demands and tailor décor production precisely to individual customer requirements. Our decors are produced using either rotogravure or digital printing.
We are seeking a motivated Product Designer to join our highly successful design team that continuously researches design and color trends in the Decorative Surfaces Industry for the North American Market. Products made with our decors include laminate furniture, kitchen cabinets, counter tops, shelving, closet systems, wall units, flooring, and more!
The successful candidate must be willing to train and cooperate with the International Design Team at Corporate Headquarters located in Germany and must be willing to live in St. Louis, Missouri. The role requires business trips, domestically and internationally.
- Always looking for new trends and ideas for décors for the North American market and can translate them into décor concepts.
- Can communicate the décor concepts to the design and décor development department in Germany.
- Works closely with the Sales Team to convey new market trends and provides them with presentations.
- Maintains an up-to-date showroom complete with Design boards, flooring samples and furniture made with our decors.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Manager to support the Décor Line.
- Participation in trade fairs and project management.
- Connects with suppliers, manufacturers and customers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High degree of creativity and conceptual strength.
- Team player, with enthusiasm for new things.
- Knowledge of project management combined with a solution-oriented, independent working methods.
- Good sense of trends and experience in Trend Forecasting Color, Material Research and Application.
- Strong Presentation Skills related to Exhibit Design and Product Presentation.
- Successfully completed design studies (interior, industrial, textile design or comparable).
- In combination with first professional experience.
- High sense of responsibility as well as friendly disposition and sovereign behavior.
Candidates may apply by sending cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get to know us!