LEVERAGE COLOR TO INCREASE YOUR COMPETITIVE EDGE AND MAKE MORE INFORMED CHOICES!
REGISTER TODAY FOR A CHROMAZONE COLOR FORECASTING WORKSHOP.
This is a Virtual Workshop
DATE: April 28 and 29
TIME: 9 am to 1 pm CEST both days
FORECASTING REGION: Europe
LOCATION: Zoom details will be emailed to you upon registration.
REGISTRATION FEES: CMG Member $50; Non-Member $75.
CONDITIONS: For in-person events, see the Health & Safety tab for vaccination, testing, and masking protocols.
Space is limited for each Workshop, so be sure to register early to save your spot!
Which Colors will Emerge in 2024 and beyond?
Our ChromaZone Color Forecasting workshops give you the opportunity to interpret, create, forecast, and select color directions with the goal of enhancing services and manufactured goods. By collaborating with experts from all industries and across the globe, we better identify the direction of color and design trends. Then you can interpret this information for your specific industry.
Prepare to Participate
Participants come prepared to engage in the discussion by contributing one important directional Color Story and six supporting color directions. As a registered attendee, CMG will provide you with a detailed worksheet to aid in your preparation. You will collaborate with other Workshop attendees to share your ideas on what is shaping color, the driving influences behind color directions, and the colors you see coming to market in 2024 and beyond.
The Final Outcome
Within a few weeks of the workshop each participant will receive the following:
- A Digital Color Card with the final 16 selected colors referenced in NCS, RAL, Pantone, Munsell, LAB, and sRGB.
- A Digital Report outlining the color stories and trend directions.
Color Accuracy in a Virtual Environment
As we continue to work remotely, CMG understands the challenges of limited access to color swatches and tools to select colors. Upon registration, we will send some ideas and online resources on how to overcome this challenge. For those of you familiar with our ChromaZone format, you’ll know that information sharing is a critical component of the process, as is the collaboration and cross-industry pollination! Our virtual process will continue to offer the same opportunity to connect and collaborate in color…virtually…and our Color Forecasting Committee will deliver a valuable workshop experience, focused on directional discussions about where color is going in 2024 and beyond. As demonstrated over the past few years of virtual forecasting, we have been able to overcome the challenges of not having the tools readily available to select colors, by offering suggestions and online resources on how to overcome these challenges. Our Color Forecasting Committee remains available to provide support and answer any questions.
Health & Safety Protocols for In-Person Events:
We respectfully request that you adhere to CMG’s Health and Safety policies to protect you and your fellow attendees. Our Health and Safety protocols may be subject to change without notice and will be based on current CDC and state/local guidelines in the US as well as other countries’ COVID mandates for regional events, available at the time of the workshop. These requirements also apply to our Facilitators and Co-Facilitators.
- Attendees will be required to provide proof of vaccination including booster, or a recent negative COVID-19 test result (within 72 hours of the Workshop date) to participate. Physical vaccination cards that show full vaccination must be submitted one week prior to the Workshop Date.
- Unvaccinated individuals may participate by showing a recent proof negative COVID-19 test result (within 72 hours of the event date).
- Masks will be encouraged throughout the duration of the Workshop.
- A color-coded badge/band system will be used to indicate to others your comfort level with social distancing and physical interactions.
- Sanitation stations will available.
These restrictions are not required for 100% virtual workshops.
Conditions for Participation:
- Participation is necessary on both days for in-person and virtual Workshops.
- Virtual Workshops take place across two days from 9 am to 1 pm.
- In-person Workshops have a virtual component on Day 1 from 9 am to 11 am (unless otherwise indicated). Day 2 runs from 9 am to 3 pm.
- Preparation is required prior to each Workshop. Each participant MUST submit their completed Worksheet to the Facilitator ONE WEEK prior to the date of their Workshop. Participants who do not submit their completed worksheets will be offered another Workshop date or a refund in line with CMG’s cancellation policy.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
Cancellations must be received in writing to CMG head office one week before the event date to qualify for a refund. A $15 administrative fee will be deducted from all canceled registrations. Each virtual Workshop is limited to 10 participants so if you wish to cancel, please do so soonest in order that your spot can be offered to another participant.
In-person events may pivot to 100% virtual based on CDC guidelines in the US as well as other foreign countries’ mandates for regional events. CMG will continue to monitor the situation at all times. 100% refunds will be offered in these situations if you are not able to participate in a virtual event.
CMG Image Policy
CMG is required to make sure all images used to illustrate our color forecasts are free from copyright infringement. Our Image Policy is outlined in our Worksheet preparation form which will be sent to you upon registration. Please note that images which are not cited and copyright free will NOT be submitted to the Workshop process.
Day One – 9 am – 1 pm:
- Color and Trend Presentations
During this time you will be asked to present your color trends and driving influences to the group in a 7-minute window.
- Color and Trend Discussions
As a group, you will discuss the presented color stories and brainstorm to identify the three (3) most relevant color stories for 2024 and beyond.
- Final Color Story Writing
You will break out into three (3) virtual groups to finalize the three (3) Workshop color stories.
- Presentation of Final Color Stories
Each group’s champion presents its final color story to the Workshop.
Day Two – 9 am – 1 pm:
- Color Story Recap
As a group, each champion will give a brief recap and discuss any further thoughts.
- Color Selection
You will return to your groups to finalize color directions for your color story and to identify the story’s Key Color.
- Final Color Palette
The groups will present their color story’s palettes and discuss color nuances for the final Workshop forecast.
- Key Color Selection
- Color Naming and Descriptions
Judith van Vliet is the Founder of The Color Authority™ as she helps people to unleash color in their lives and businesses. TCA develops color trends for different markets through storytelling and palette development and offers different services in the color consultancy area. Judith works with a global color network of like-minded experts that understand the power of color. She is a fervent public speaker and is host of the namesake podcast that brings fascinating conversations with some of the most inspiring people in the world of color. She serves on Color Marketing Group’s Executive Committee as Immediate Past President where her in-depth knowledge of color helps maintain CMG at the forefront of global color forecasting. Judith currently works and podcasts out of Milan, Italy.