ETHICAL AND SUSTAINABLE COLOR AT THIS YEAR’S SUMMIT
Guest Speaker, Laura Peryman will discuss the concept of ethical and sustainable color followed by a live exhibit to help us understand what color is made from, and how it fits into the circular thinking/economy framework. The exhibit will feature 8 sustainable color exhibits which will be an immersive insight into what, where, and how each color is made with props, processes and data revealed.
Laura Perryman MA (RCA) is an experienced CMF consultant and color trend forecaster. Her ethos is that color and materials should be integral to design but above all have a positive purpose for applications, products, and services. Working with brands, she helps create emotionally-connected and sustainable palettes in tech, interiors, packaging and product design. Laura has designed market-leading color and visual identities for the likes of Nokia, Toyota, Speedo and Arrival. Her first book, The Color Bible (Octopus Books, 2021) highlights 100 significant colors in art and design. Laura currently directs Color of Saying, a consultancy that specializes in future-forward design with color and materials. She is also a Visiting Lecturer at the Royal College of Art, across the School of Design.
EXPERIENCE SOMETHING NEW AT THIS YEAR’S SUMMIT
COLOR BEYOND will encourage you to think about more than color, trends, and forecasts. We’ve replaced our legacy workshops with new and collaborative events designed to heighten your connections and broaden your perspective.
In our hands-on workshops you’ll explore materials and how they relate to CMG’s directional color stories and their impact in the circular economy. You’ll dive into color in the field of animation and games, exploring the impact on emotion and perspective. Our mentoring event will broaden your thinking of color in new industries as you connect and establish relationships with a global community of color design experts. And to enhance your experience, our Pre Summit events will challenge your assumptions and thinking on color!
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS YEAR’S SUMMIT:
- We’ll look at the future of color with the revelation of our 2024+ World Color Forecast™. (CMG Full & Company Members will also receive early access to the printed 2024+ World Color Forecast.)
- Our Keynote presenters will examine 60 years of color forecasting by presenting The CMG Color Story Evolution.
- Inspiring Guest Speakers with interactive workshop sessions will share insights on ethical and sustainable color, material for inspiration, and color in animation and games.
- Collaborate on a range of networking and mentoring opportunities designed to help you meet CMG members and tap into a wealth of resources.
- Supercharge your experience with our Pre Summit workshops on Thursday exploring Deviant Thinking and The Ongoing Evolution of Color Thinking with The Albers Foundation.
- Explore COLOR now and BEYOND with global color design experts!
- Celebrate CMG’2 60th Anniversary!
The International Summit is being held at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Hotel & Spa, 3800 W. Starr Pass Boulevard, Tucson AZ 85745.
Rooms are subject to availability and a limited number are available at the discounted rate of $189 (plus taxes and resort fee. State and local taxes are currently 12.5% + $4 per room per night). This rate covers the period from November 8 to Saturday November 12. Before and after these dates are at the prevailing rate. Reservations can be made by calling the Reservations Center: 888-527-8989 or register online using the PASSKEY