COLOR IN ANIMATION AND GAMES AT THIS YEAR’S SUMMIT
Blizzard Entertainment, a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software, has been creating universes for millions of players around the world. As Cinematic Director Supervisor for Blizzard, Brian Horn is accustomed to working with color to evoke creativity and emotion.
In this Summit presentation he will explore how color can be subjective and change with context. He will share examples of a game cinematic he directed using colors that, despite having a generally agreed upon feeling, are used in a new context to evoke a new set of feelings. Using a variety of colorscripts for animation, he will reveal the final colors used throughout the cinematic. He will then invite you to work with a selection of printed cards of shots from a variety of movies and an accompanying short script and, working in small groups, you will select and organize cards for how you might construct a colorscript for the short scene/sequence.
Brian Horn is a dad of small humans. In his spare time, he oversees a team of cinematic directors who lead some of the most talented artists in the world on some of the most epic content in video games. An award-toting director in his own right, Brian has directed cinematics for World of Warcraft, Diablo, Overwatch, Hearthstone, and Starcraft. Prior to directing, Brian made a career out of mashing buttons to edit various things in television and film, thus garnering an Emmy nomination and an opportunity to help create Blizzard’s animation editorial department. Brian’s personal films have been screened at festivals all over and the music he does in his other, other spare time can be heard on TV shows worldwide.
EXPERIENCE SOMETHING NEW AT THIS YEAR’S SUMMIT
COLOR BEYOND will encourage you to think about more than color, trends, and forecasts. We’ve replaced our legacy workshops with new and collaborative events designed to heighten your connections and broaden your perspective.
In our hands-on workshops you’ll explore materials and how they relate to CMG’s directional color stories and their impact in the circular economy. You’ll dive into color in the field of animation and games, exploring the impact on emotion and perspective. Our mentoring event will broaden your thinking of color in new industries as you connect and establish relationships with a global community of color design experts. And to enhance your experience, our Pre Summit events will challenge your assumptions and thinking on color!
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS YEAR’S SUMMIT:
- We’ll look at the future of color with the revelation of our 2024+ World Color Forecast™. (CMG Full & Company Members will also receive early access to the printed 2024+ World Color Forecast.)
- Our Keynote presenters will examine 60 years of color forecasting by presenting The CMG Color Story Evolution.
- Inspiring Guest Speakers with interactive workshop sessions will share insights on ethical and sustainable color, material for inspiration, and color in animation and games.
- Collaborate on a range of networking and mentoring opportunities designed to help you meet CMG members and tap into a wealth of resources.
- Supercharge your experience with our Pre Summit workshops on Thursday exploring Deviant Thinking and The Ongoing Evolution of Color Thinking with The Albers Foundation.
- Explore COLOR now and BEYOND with global color design experts!
- Celebrate CMG’2 60th Anniversary!
The International Summit is being held at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Hotel & Spa, 3800 W. Starr Pass Boulevard, Tucson AZ 85745.
Rooms are subject to availability and a limited number are available at the discounted rate of $189 (plus taxes and resort fee. State and local taxes are currently 12.5% + $4 per room per night). This rate covers the period from November 8 to Saturday November 12. Before and after these dates are at the prevailing rate. Reservations can be made by calling the Reservations Center: 888-527-8989 or register online using the PASSKEY